Face washing is an important part of your daily skincare routine, as it helps to remove dirt, oil, and makeup that can clog pores and lead to skin problems. Throughout the day, your face is exposed to dirt, oil, and other impurities. When your pores are clogged with dirt, oil, and other impurities, it can lead to a variety of skin problems, such as acne, blackheads, and whiteheads. Face washing helps to unclog pores and prevent these issues.
More so, if you wear makeup, it’s important to remove it before going to bed. Leaving makeup on overnight can clog pores and lead to skin irritation. Face washing at the end of the day helps to remove all traces of makeup, allowing your skin to breathe and repair itself while you sleep.
Here are some tips for Face washing in the morning and at night:
Morning Face Washing Tips:
- Use lukewarm water: Hot water can strip skin of its natural oils: The high temperatures of hot water can strip the skin of its natural oils, which can lead to dryness, irritation, and other skin problems. In contrast, lukewarm water is less drying and less likely to strip the skin of its natural oils.
- Use a gentle cleanser: Look for a cleanser that is formulated for your skin type (e.g. oily, dry, combination). Avoid using harsh soaps, as they can be drying and irritating.
- Be gentle: Use a circular motion to gently massage the cleanser onto your face, avoiding the eye area.
- Rinse thoroughly: Make sure to rinse off all of the cleansers, as any leftover residue can lead to clogged pores.
- Pat dry: Use a clean, soft towel to gently pat your face dry. Avoid rubbing, as this can irritate the skin.
- Follow up with a moisturizer. If your skin currently has redness, it might also help to add a little rose oil or CBD oil into your moisturizer since they contain anti-inflammatory properties. OTO CBD skin care range is a good place to start.
Night Face Washing Tips:
- Remove makeup: If you are wearing makeup, make sure to remove it before washing your face. Use a makeup remover or an oil-based cleanser to gently remove all traces of makeup.
- Use a gentle cleanser: Just like in the morning, it’s important to use a gentle or hypoallergenic cleanser at night. Look for one that is formulated for your skin type and avoid harsh soaps.
- Be thorough: Take your time when washing your face at night, and make sure to cleanse the entire face, including the neck and hairline.
- Rinse well: Like in the morning, it’s important to rinse off all of the cleansers to avoid clogged pores.
- Follow up with other skin care products: After washing your face, you may want to follow up with other skin care products, such as toner, serum, and moisturizer.
Overall, it’s important to be gentle and thorough when Face washing, both in the morning and at night. Face washing helps to prepare your skin for the rest of your skincare routine. By removing dirt and oil, your skin is better able to absorb other skin care products, such as toners, serums, and moisturizers. It also helps to follow a consistent skincare routine, you can help keep your skin looking healthy and radiant.